UMass Boston college tour
Faculty-Led Trip in Colombia and Peru
Led by prof. Gerardo Blanco and Felicia Wilczenski
Graduate students and faculty from UMass Boston traveled to Colombia and Peru for a study abroad university trip that focused on analyzing similarities and differences between higher education in those countries and USA.
- During the faculty-led trip the group attended seminars and presentations at:
- Universidad de Los Andes,
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia,
- Uniminuto (Corporación Universitaria Minuto de Dios)
- IEP (Instituto de Estudios Peruanos)
The cultural activities included:
- Coffee workshop – students learned how to distinguish good coffee beans and different ways of making coffee in Colombia
- Tour of Bogota – with focus on history of violence, drug cartels and FARQ paramilitary organization.
- Cooking class in Lima
- Historic tour of Lima with focus on colonial times
- Tour of Cuzco
- Tour of Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu